By Summer Thornsberry
We all know just how stressful school can be — making it to class on time, homework assignments, finals and projects — all while trying to keep up a social life. It’s no surprise some students may fall behind, but staying on top of school work isn’t as hard as it seems. Here are a six tips to help you make sure your studies stay in order:
- Start homework as soon as possible. Begin homework when there’s time leftover at the end of class or during a free period. Procrastinating can put you in a rush to just get it done, which results in not doing your best on the assignment.
- Keep an agenda and write things down. When given an assignment, make a note of it as well as the due date. This helps keep your studies and assignments organized as well as remind you of what needs to be completed and when it needs to be turned in.
- Have a quiet place to study and complete assignments. Loud noise can stand in the way of concentration. Cut out as many distractions as possible to fully focus on your assignment. Try turning off cell phones as well.
- Review notes from class. Your teacher may say something in class that can help you with your assignment that night. Keep notes of the important things, and you can use them as a study guide.
- Take your time, and don’t rush. Each assignment is just as important as the one before; they all make up your final grade. Give each assignment your undivided attention. Rushing can not only end in sloppy work but a sloppy grade as well.
- Check your work when finished. Have a friend or family member look it over if you prefer. Correct any mistakes they may find. Be sure you answered all questions and fully completed the assignment before turning it in.